Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunflowers

Aren't Sunflowers Fun?
I love them. .
My Grandma use to say they were weeds!
Oh, Grandma! They aren't weeds. .
They are from Mother Earth
Scattering her sunshine. .

They are so cheerful. . .
It amazes me that they can grow in the worst
Growing conditions, and Survive. . .
And still be so Beautiful
Year after Year. . .
They bring Beauty and Happiness to all of us
Happy Yellow Sunflowers. . .
They brighten the Country Side.. .
You know they follow the Sun
They face the Sun. . from East to West
As the Sun makes it progress across the sky
The Sunflower's little face is always turned to it
I think there are lessons to be learned from
The Sunflower!
Take a walk today
And notice the Cheerful
Sunflower
See you a little later. . .with a little more. .

10 comments:

  1. I love sunflowers too! You got some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunfowers...there are so many varieties now. All different sizes and even colors. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is impossible to look upon a sunflower and not smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to go to the market tomorrow and buy a great big bunch of sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all love sunfowers :-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lovely blog, Karie. Glad I found you.Will be following.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mosaic!!! Yes, I too love sunflowers! Wishing you a wonderful week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sunflowers, too. Such bright, vivid color and they turn their faces to the sun ... little sun worshipers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember, years ago, someone telling me that sunflower in French is 'tournesol'. Just like you were saying, they turn towards the sun!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers...they are not only beautiful but they feed our wonderful birds!

    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.