Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yellow Chair

This is my Yellow Patio Chair
It is bright and pretty sitting on my
small little patio My Yellow Chair
did Not always look so
cheery and cute!
Sad to say it was
ROAD KILL!
One Sunday coming home from Church
I saw on the curb this ugly blue chair
my neighbor had set their garbage out
and next to the garbage can was the chair. . . .
This is the before picture!
I did the right thing and ask my neighbor if I could have the chair.
They couldn't image me wanting the ugly chair and gladly gave it to me.
I had it for a long time before I painted it.
I always wanted to have the reed (I think that is what it is called) seat on it
But, I don't know how to weave the seat and it would cost more than I want to pay
for me to have someone weave the seat. . . . . So
I tore the seat completely out
I don't like "pots in the hole"
So, I painted an old cupboard door
just so I could have plants on it.

I sanded and primed then
I SPRAY PAINTED!
yeah, for spray paint
It no longer is an ugly "road kill" chair
it is bright cheery and
makes me Happy!



16 comments:

  1. Love your cheery patio chair!!!
    What a great idea for summer! :)

    And thanks for the sweet compliments on our pantry!
    It's been so fun to finally enjoy, now that it's done :)
    ~Shelley Smith
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com
    wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from NNF. The chair looks great! Who knew a little spray paint could do wonders! Have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. The cheery chair brightens everything up! I LOVE your big porch that you can decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi!
    i'm comming from "new friend friday"
    i can't paint, and you have such wonderfuls crafts
    congratulations
    adriana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chair! Newest follower today from the Friday Follows! I'm happy to have stopped in today!

    Stop in and visit!

    Susieqtpies Scraps of Life
    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky to have the gift of a "creative eye" with the vision to see that chair, with lovely bones, and give it a new life with the charming yellow paint (makes me happy just looking at it) and practical shelf.

    Glad to meet you and follow from New Friend Fridays! Have a wonderful weekend, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow! I still didn't start painting the coral on my daughter's chair yet, hopefully sometime this weekend.
    Busy cleaning today, not as much fun as painting.
    visiting you back from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    I’m following you now on New Friend Fridays! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love me some spray paint...that's a pretty shade of yellow! Hope you have a fun weekend.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you scored on this great old chair Karie! Now it really is a nice focal point for your porch. Your plants are so pretty and it looks like a fabulous place to gather. Thanks for your enjoyable visit at my place and happy weekend on this 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that yellow chair, Karie! It looks so cute out on your porch (which is also absolutely adorable!). You did a great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to add color to the outside of a home! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the color. Glad you rescued it. And thanks for sharing. Hip hopping over from CSI.

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping by via CSI --

    I love your bright and cheery chair, and your innovative idea of using a cupboard door as a "seat" surface for your plants:) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw a chair today at a thrift store that would be perfect for this idea!! Thanks a bunch!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.