Friday, July 9, 2010

Ten Dollar Headboard!

I have been without a headboard to my bed
for a long long time. . . .
I have searching for one
but could never afford the ones I wanted... . . . .
SO. . .
One day I was at DI
and low and behold there was this headboard!
It wasn't really what I had been looking for but I thought
what the heck!
It was only $10
Ya, can you believe it $10So. . . .
I made sure it was a queen size
and said,
"I'll buy that"
It didn't need any repairs.
It was in perfect condition.
But
Not my COLOR
Of course I painted it!
I sanded, primed and painted it BLUE
Blue is my favorite color
Why?
Because, it is the color of my Daddy's eyes
and the color of the sky!

My two adorable little helpers
just had to be part of the painting process.
Oh, what sweet memories we made as we painted
Grandma's new bed!
This is my headboard all painted and in my bedroom
I love it!
Not only is it cute
But
I can put my pretties on the top!
I am just sorry that once the pillows are all piled on the bed
the headboard doesn't show up!
It's ok. . . .
It makes my bedroom look cheery and bright.
I am still in the process of decorating the rest of the room
when it is complete
(is a room ever complete?)
I will show you how it all looks and ties in.





8 comments:

  1. I love it! The color is great! I'm without a headboard at the moment too! I've been looking for an old door to make into a headboard.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I am following you from Marketing Monday.

    Tracy

    www.cutorcopyandpaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - great job! I love the color you painted it!! So cute. And your blog is darling!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! I have a thing for blue myself, and you certainly gave yourself bragging rights here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great in the blue!

    Visiting from CSI project

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the blue :)

    Thanks for stopping by & commenting on my candle jar makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your makeover of the headboard! it turned out just wonderful! :) That blue is great!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your very sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the DI! $10.00 is a steal! I love the blue, I want to paint everything blue!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.