Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Decorating Trends ~ Who Decides?


Hello....and I hope today is a sunny happy day for you.
I have wondered this for a long time. . .
Who makes the decision on what is a popular
trend in decorating our homes?
And for that matter who decides the latest
fashions we wear?

It seems there are people who will jump on 
the latest trends and soon everyone is 
decorating or wearing ridiculous styles.

Case in point
Who decided cows are the popular art of the day?
Everyone needs a big "ugly" cow
hanging on a wall in their home.
Hanging over the kitchen table,
or slobbering in the living room.


Now don't get me wrong!  I like cows but
not in my home!

I prefer to not have a big bovine looking at me
while I eat, or for that matter anything I am doing.
When I see a painting of a single cow, I do not
find beauty, I do not find serenity, no do I find
meaning in the painting.

Now on the other hand. . .


This picture I find 
Beauty, serenity, I see the visual story.
I think this painting is beautiful.
I would have it anywhere in my home.

I guess beauty in art is in the eyes of the beholder.

Thank goodness we can decorate as we please.
There is a variety of styles to choose from.

For me. . . NO! Cows!
Oh, and I don't like owl's  
And I don't care who says certain
things are popular or "in-style."
If I don't like it, it does not go in my house.
As for my house, I do what is pleasing
to my eye, and makes me feel comfy and secure.

How about you? 
Do you follow popular trends?
Or do you do what is pleasing to you?

Have a wonderful day.

I am a little off kilter today.




3 comments:

  1. LOL - I have a antique cow framed print in my office at work and I did a gallery wall in February on my dining room wall (with the help of my 83 yr old mom who I had picked up & brought back for a week's visit with me - she lives in Savannah with my sis and I live about 4 hrs away) and I have a cow face, a pig face and a really pretty plate with lamb on it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, that sounds great!..I love diversity, and how we all have our own creative tastes, It makes the world very colorful. How blessed you are to have your Mom with you. Sends hugs your way. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
    2. Karie,
      I am with you.....The only thing I have in my house that comes close to FarmHouse are the Roosters in my Kitchen and I like to think that they are French Country....I was not raised anywhere near a Farm so I am definitely not into that look. Just this morning I read a post where a fellow Blogger said that because both her and her husband were raised on farms so they like the Farmhouse style...I can understand that but it is so NOT my style!! As you know, I have stuck to what i like in my own house for years whether it is in style or not. I decorate in a way that makes my own heart sing and makes me hap whenever i look around my home and I think that most people eventually come to that way of thinking with a little bit of age....LOL!!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for all your well wishes!! I am doing well...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.