Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Beautiful Granddaughter and The Prom

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all doing well
and hopefully enjoying some spring weather.


Here in Utah, it is typical Spring weather.
Some days are sunny and some days are snowy.
Go figure!


This last weekend was this little beauties
Prom
She is my granddaughter. . .and I think she is
Beautiful.

The Prom in my little part of the world is a
Big Deal!
A young girl anticipates with excitement the
day she is a Junior in high school 
for her Junior Prom.


The dress is carefully picked-out.
The shoes, the nail polish
the hair-do. 
Every little detail must be perfect

Ah and of course the date!


The perfect match for the perfect night

Everything was exactly as this sweet girl and boy had anticipated.
My Granddaughter had a wonderful time.  She said it
was all she had expected and more.


But, my thoughts always turn to the little Princess who never
gets ask to her Junior Prom.
The ones who never get the opportunity to pick out
the perfect dress, shoes, hair-do. . .
My heart hurts for them
The hurt they feel is real, don't kid yourself and
think it really doesn't matter.  
It does matter to
Someone. 



I can't help but think of the ones who never 
experience being young, and happy, 
and have families and friends who love them.


Too many have shattered dreams and promises.








2 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is beautiful and I love her dress. She looked perfect!

    You are so right about the ones that never get asked or have lots of love from family. How very sad. Wish I could gather them up and bring them home with me.

    Have a wonderful Easter my friend.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. Pretty smile. I'm glad she had a great time. She'll remember it for a long time. Hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.