Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Tour of My Cousin's Home's

Hello everyone!  So happy you have stopped by.  I am happy to feature my two cousins homes.  Joan and Kim are a mother and daughter decorating duo.


 They are both so talented.  I can't express enough how much I love them both.  Joan has another daughter Alison, but I don't have pictures of Alison's home.  I am sure it is every bit as cute and decorated as these two.  Ok, let's see these Christmas Homes.



Joan has a beautiful home and at Christmas time it is even prettier.  When Joan and I were young we spent a lot of time together.  Her and her husband, Kay lived close to Lloyd and I.  We were just a couple of young married  couples, just starting our own homes.  Joan taught me a lot about decorating.  Of course we come from a family of homemakers.  Women who love their homes and love to make them pretty.  


Joan has always had the prettiest Christmas tree.  She just has that natural touch to decorating.  Actually everything she does she has the natural touch.  Joan's mother, my Aunt Madeline, was one of the sweetest people you would ever meet.  Everyone in the family loved her.  Aunt Madeline had that natural touch with what ever she did.  She was a surgical nurse, and one of the best.  So Joan and her daughters come by there beauty and natural talents through a wonderful family. 

Now, here is Kim's home.
Just as beautiful as ever.  I love her style.

Kim's Mom Joan, and I were expecting our first babies together.  I was expecting Mathew in November and Joan was expecting Kim in December.  Mathew and Kim are only 2 weeks apart.  Joan and I had so much fun having these two babies.  We spent a lot of time together, with our babies.  Mathew and Kim developed a strong cousin bond also.  They now live miles apart and seldom see each other, but their closeness is always in their hearts.

Kim's Christmas Tree

As you can see Kim is very talented and creative.  She lives in another state, and I have not been to her house.  But, I have seen many pictures, and I know how Kim is.  Talent and Creative.  Kim, has an adorable personality, cute bubbly and full of live.  Of course she comes from the same family garden.  Amazing how family traits are so strong. . .though miles may separate us, we are still very connected, and a like.  

I don't spend as much time with my cousin Joan as we have grown older.  I live a short distance from her.  But, when we do get together we have so much fun.  We practically grew up together, and I cherish the memories of our childhood, and young adulthood.  Whenever we gather as cousins we can see the similarities and the creativity we all share.  I am so thankful for cousins, and that close relationship.  

I hope you enjoyed our tour of my two cousins Christmas Homes, Joan and Kim.  I love ya.


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about our sweet cousin. I have a cousin really the only one on my mothers size of the family who lives 100 miles from me and we try to get together once a year for lunch.

    I like seeing other ladies Christmas decorations

    Merry Christmas ' Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie,
    Very pretty!! Lovely decorations!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karie, it's easy to see that talent run ramped in your family. :) I enjoyed this sweet tour! Happy New Year to you my friend. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.