Monday, July 27, 2015

Love Plates ~ Love Blue

Well, Hello!
Another beautiful summer day.
Amazing that July is almost over.
Where, oh where, does the time go?
Today I want to show you somethings that were given to me.
Yes, given to me. . .cost me nothing!
A lady here in town had these for sale on a 
little vintage web page.
I commented that I would like them, 
but I didn't have the money
to buy them at this time.  
(Retired means I am on a strict budget.)
A few days later the sweet lady contacted me and said 
She would like to give them to me.
She wanted them to go to a good home.
Oh, my heart fluttered!
How did she know I had a love affair with PLATES?
And BLUE is my favorite color!
Not only plates, but just look at the adorable 
Sugar Bowl, and Creamer.
And. . . .I love tea pots! Look at the cuteness!
Oh My, I have wanted one of these little cute cows.
I believe it is a creamer. . I see them in other blogs,
And I have wanted one for a long time.
Now just look at the cuteness of this platter.  
It tells a story. . .well that is what I think.
On the back it says it is hand painted from Portuguese.
I am so thrilled with these new treasures. And to think 
the lady was so sweet to give them to me. . .Ah!

I will use them for displays, in my little "Aunt Carol Hutch."
Blue makes me happy!
The only problem is now I have to get rid of some plates.
I have so many, that my new rule is, when new ones come in
I have to get rid old ones that I no long use.
It is a hard thing for a collector to do.
But hey, I will pay it forward and give someone
The plates I no longer use.
Hope you day is beautiful.
And that you have blue skies and sunshine.


Every house where love abides

And friendship is a guest,

Is surely home, and home sweet home

For there the heart can rest.
~Henry Van Dyke


Linking with:



6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Karie...these are Beautiful...she is such a nice person to do this. Maybe you can bake her a delicious cake. :)
    When we moved, I sold, gave away and donated most of my dishes I never used...it is wonderful not to have a hutch full of stuff I don't use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pieces!! And for Free!! Amazing!!
    Love them!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How lucky can you be and what a sweet lady! They are gorgeous!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, I so love blue and white dishes!

    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whow, I love blue plates too..these are so lovely and what a nice woman to give them to you! Amazingly great you got them! Now take good care of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Karie! How wonderful to know there are still some very kind people in this world. How nice of the lady to give you these lovely dishes. I love the pretty blue and white dishes. That platter is gorgeous and you know how I love little cow creamers! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for poping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.