Friday, May 23, 2014

Enduring With Faith and Hope

Hello my wonderful faithful friends,
Last time I posted I was really struggling.
Now one week later, I am full of Hope and Faith
Things really do have a way of working out.
I haven't seen the full picture, but I know my Savior has
And He always steers me in the right direction.
I know I have made the right decision to retire.
There I said it, I have RETIRED.
Oh, not from life, just from my employment.
I expect life will become even more full and 
A lot more Fulfilling.
I have a little rose bush by my front steps
I have watched it now for two years as it tried to endure
The many difficulties it must go through in order for it to 
Grow and bloom and be the beautiful flower the Lord intended it to be..
You know a rose is pretty amazing under perfect circumstances.
It blooms in the mist of thorns. . . 
This poor little rose bush is pathetic, the soil is not ideal 
The yard maintenance people 
Do not understand how to trim a rose bush.
 The winter months are harsh for this little rose bush.
It receives very little water during the summer.
I bring buckets of water to it because the sprinklers don't reach it.
Poor little thing. . so much to endure.
But, no matter what. . . .this little rose bush comes back
Each year it increases in the beauty it produces.
Each year it becomes more and more endearing.
In spite of all the hardships and obstacles
It still is beautiful and the blooms beautiful
It gives me much happiness.
 Its beauty and its shear determination
To Live
Makes me even more determined to do all I can to help it survive.
This tender sweet rose bush has taught me a lesson.
If you continue to Endure, with happiness in your heart
No matter the difficulties life brings you. . . you can still
Be Hopeful, Faithful, and Endearing.
It is true. . .
BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!
Show the world and the Lord you can
Continue to be productive and beautiful.
You can survive. . .and with a little help from family and friends.
You can make it.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
This is the weekend that begins the 100 days of Summer.
God Bless You.





1 comment:

  1. Karie, I gather from your post that retiring was hard for you. I was forced to retire due to illness. It was so hard for me as I live alone, but do have many many friends. But, it was still hard because I loved working and my job. It took me a good three years to finally accept that I can no longer work. So blogging has helped me and also God. It may be hard at first, but just look you don't have to get up early anymore, go shopping - have lunch with friends and stay long than an hour. Work on your blog and take care of all the projects you put on hold. I am so happy for you that you made the decision and I think you feel better.
    I have numerous rose bushes and all the books I read on roses say the same thing - roses are very forgiving. I know what you mean about the gardeners -my gardener was using a hedge trimmer on one of my bushes and I almost fainted, but thank God it is really growing. You could transplant it into a large pot and keep it close to your apartment or if you have a patio, put it there and just prune it yourself or ask them to leave it alone - you will take care of it. Good luck with it and Happy Retirement.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.