Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Door Closes A Door Opens

I like "old" Doors
I always wonder
What stories could they tell. . .
Alexander Graham Bell once said,
"Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing
That we see too late the one that is open."
I have done that way too often. . .
I have lamented over a closed door and
Not seen the door that has opened.
If we open the Doors of our Heart and Mind. . .
We can see the many Doors that God
Has opened for us. . .

What doors have you opened?
Or have you sadly closed a door?

1 comment:

  1. These pictures can be a good reminder that even a simple, old, and musty door can still be functional, provided that it is made with quality. Although made of different styles and designs, doors have the same purpose. Like you, I also believe that a door is not just a structure used for entering or leaving a place. It can also symbolize the blessings and opportunities that we receive. Like an open door, there are moments that we welcome new blessings and graces from God. However, like a closed door, there are also instances wherein we neglect or fail to see new opportunities or graces because we close our eyes on them and expect for something which does not exist.

    Danielle Bailey

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.