Wednesday, September 27, 2017

September Roses

Well hello my friends,
It is a beautiful 
September morning where I live.
I am so thankful for temps in the 70's
And cool nights.
How about you?
We have had a long hot summer!
So the cool late September weather
is very welcome.
If you recall, I have told you about my little rose bush
I have tenderly cared for.  She was very sad when 
I moved to my home.  She had not had water for
heaven only knows how long.  
The water sprinklers were not getting to her.
So I carried buckets of water to her for a long
time until the sprinklers were fixed.
I trimmed her back, and said a little prayer for her
to survive.  And guess what she did survive.
She had produced beautiful little roses for me.

When I was walking up to my house the other
day, I noticed her gentle little flowers, 
and thought of the enjoyment she has given me
faithfully showing her beautiful colored petals
even during the heat of summer.
Now the season is coming to an end,
And there she was with the
Last of her September Roses,
They looked so beautiful and vibrant that I had to
snip the last of her blooms and make a little bouquet.
She will take her long winters nap, and return in the spring
and again produce beautiful bud and blooms of roses 
for me to enjoy. . .again and again she will do that for me.
There are lesson of life in nature.  My little rose bush has taught me 
many lessons, she is a survivor.
She overcomes the adversity of the natural world, 
and with determination she gives beauty and brightens
her little spot on this earth.  
When she was at her lowest, with no way to help herself,
A friend (me) came along and helped her to live.
And in gratitude she has blessed me with beautiful
roses and it makes me happy.

September Roses
"Ashes for beauty."
The picture in the background is my Grandmother.
She is the Grandmother who raised me.
She taught me how to live, and how to love life.
I own so much to my beautiful Grandma Dot.





3 comments:

  1. I love roses, though I don't have any. My niece planted all the way around her home with knock-out roses. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful - roses are very forgiving and can stand many hardships. Do you have to prune them back for winter? I just do a dead head and mine bloom all winter long, but we don't have frost and harsh winters.

    Good hearing from you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    HUgs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.