Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Getting Ready For July

Well Hello!  Glad to have you stop by.
I am doing a little bit of this and that. . 
Trying to get things ready for 
July
Oh, it will be here before we know it.
I have so much going on in the next few weeks
I thought I would putter around while doing all the
other chores around my house, and do some
July 4th decorating. . Getting ready to celebrate.
I did a little more on the front porch.
Nothing fantastic. . .just a change to my 
patriotic mason jars.
Red. . White. . and. . .Blue
Right now they have faux flowers in them, but
as we get closer to America's Celebration
real flowers will go in the jars.
I still have to put my America Banner up.
An unsteady woman on a ladder is not good.
I will have to wait for one of the grand-kids to do that for me.
The coffee table in the living room has the patriotic look also.
Oh, I love to celebrate holidays, and I love to decorate.
But I must say, this year I am not doing very much.
Just a few things. . . just to put a smile on my face.

A little decorating on the antique side table.
Do you notice I added a new decoration for this year.
The American  counted cross-stitch sampler.
I am so happy with how it turned out.
I really enjoy doing embroidery work.
I think it adds a  touch of "cozy home feeling." And I love the words.
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
One Nation Under God!
A reminder of how great our nation is. . 
And Under God she will always be.

I hope your summer is going well.
I spent a few days in Southern Utah this past weekend.
Oh, it was hot! 107 degrees!
I do not do well in the heat. . . not at all.
So the 97 I am feeling today is still hot, but not
like 107. . .One good thing about Utah is we do not have 
the humidity that other places in the country have.
Please do come back again. . 
Hugs 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” 
― Robert Frost

I am joining these lovely blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love decorating for the 4th of July!

    I actually begin at Memorial Day and leave out my red, white & blue through Memorial Day.

    I love all of your touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating for July 4th but we have been so busy with the garden party and staining the exterior of our home. I hope to get my decorations us on Sunday or Monday. I always feel so late, and your decorations are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karie, I love your touches of Americana! Summer is just flying by for sure. I have had mine out for a month. I enjoy for Flag Day as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.