Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Decorating With Things I Love

The last days of September are upon us.
I don't know about you but I am always a little sad
To see September end.
I think it is a beautiful month.
There are only 30 days to enjoy the blue sky, the vibrant colors
And the settling of the Fall season.
I begin to to turn my thoughts and my reflections to the indoors.
I Enjoy the pleasures of  my peaceful home, and hearth.
Though there is no "hearth" within my home, I believe the warmth
Comes from the pleasantries and sturdiness of Home.
This little sewing drawer belonged to my Grandma Dot
It reminds me of her. . It reminds me of my home life with her.
She was a gentle soul.  She was the steady force in my young life.
Isn't it amazing how something so small and seemingly insignificant, 
Such as a sewing drawer, can evoke such strong emotional memories
Just like September Grandma Dot's season with me was short.
Ah, but her gentle soul and loving spirit 
Continues to be a steady force for me.
Grandma Dot
Front and Center.
I decorate with "things" that are special to me. . they
Bring me memories and pleasure.
Some folks think they are worthless clutter. . .Bah!
For me they decorate my home with love and happiness
Memories and stories.
So. . as the month of September comes to its close.
I will begin decorating for the coming the months.
And I will decorate with things that I have had for a long time.
So. . .do you decorate with thing that you cherish and brings back
Memories of a special person or time?
Hugs to all







3 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Everything looks wonderful at your house! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie,
    I finally got a chance to stop by to thank you for visiting and for your sweet encouraging comments!! They brighten my day!!
    Love you Fall vignettes!! This is my favorite Season!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is ever worthless treasures if we love them. Enjoy your vignettes and I'm really loving the bluish crock? So pretty and looks great in the vignette. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.