Monday, September 9, 2013

Is It Really September?

I don't know how it is where you live 
But,  here in Utah is does not feel like September.
It is still HOT, and now it is HUMID!
One thing I dislike even more than HOT is for it to be HUMID too.
I don't know how you folks that live where it is humid can stand it.
I guess you eventually adjust. . .but I am not adjusting 
To this new type of weather.
Oh, Please give me some "Ole Time Fall Weather".
Ok, I will stop my complaining and moaning
And get on with what I am trying to do to make
It feel like it really is September.
Last week I tried to get in the spirit of decorating for Fall
I showed this vignette I created on my 1940 Hemmi table.
Just did not look right to me. . .So I added a little touch to it.
It doesn't take much to make things look a little more pleasing.
A few berry wreaths around the candles, and the look changed.
Much better.
Well, I have done a little more decorating for fall.
Here is just a some of what I have done.
I swear I keep this old t.v. hutch just so I can decorate the top.
Autumn will come. . .some day!
There you have another view of my September Fall-ish decorating.
I love this time of year, but I like it a little cooler than it is right now.
Friday nights I am at high school football games. . .
I have an adorable grandson who plays for our high school team
I come from a long line of football fans.  My Daddy, My Husband
And My Son's and now My Grandson's.
I love Friday Night Lights. . .there is nothing like being at
A football game with your own playing.  
Then on Saturday I watch College Football.. . .
Love, College ball also. . this past Saturday my
Brigham Young University, Cougars 
Chewed up the University of Texas, Longhorns. . 
Oh, yes, it was a great game, and I love the Cougars winning.
Sunday was the Sabbath, Giving my Heart and Soul to the Lord.
And Sunday evening was Family Dinner.
Once a month my children and grandchildren gather at my home
And we have Sunday Dinner together.  All 18 of us!
I am very blessed to have my family living in the same town as me.
Oh, how blessed I am.  I thank the Lord every day for giving me
My children and grandchildren.  They are my world.
It has been 21 years since my husband passed away.
I know the Lord has given me the gift of family close to me
I believe in the Lord's Compensation. . when one blessing is not for us to have.
In return He Compensates us with many other blessings.
Close Family ties is His gift to me.

I hope you will come back soon.
K

I am partying with these great blogs. . check them out.



6 comments:

  1. I hear you, girlfriend, about the weather! It's hot and humid here - most all of the time. But you have certainly created some lovely vignettes all falled up. I've got to start but it's so hard when I've got the ac cranked down to 73! :) Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie, Your decorations look so pretty! I love the addition of the berry wreaths. I like the berries in the vase on your tv hutch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall displays, so beautiful and such wonderful colors. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so pretty dressed for fall. Hopefully the temperatures will begin to cooperate with the season.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you decorated those apothecary jars on top of your TV cabinet!! Glad you have those 'blessings' near you. Bet they feel you're a blessing in their lives, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are all set for Fall! Everything looks so pretty.
    I love that your family gathers for Sunday dinner at your house. We do the same at my Mom's house and it really is a blessing to have everyone get together like that. It's the beauty of everyone living nearby.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.