Friday, October 27, 2017

The Postman Does Ring Twice

Hello my friends,  I am so excited today.  
I found my little Postman a few days
ago and I can show him to you.  


He is a little Hummel Postman.
Oh, how long I have waited for him.
More than 50 years have passed.
He isn't the one I wanted and was promised,
but I am ok and I am happy.


My sweet Aunt Carol lived in Germany in the early 1960's
When she came home she brought my Grandma the 
Hummel Postman.
It meant a lot to my Grandma.  Aunt Carol brought everyone
a Hummel, but not me.  She always told me that
when she died I could have the Hummel Postman
that she had given my Grandma. . . 
Well the years past, Aunt Carol died a few years ago.
But I never got the Hummel she had promised me.
So I went on the search. . .and I found him.
He has belonged to someone else for all these years,
Now he is mine.
My Aunt didn't need to give me any of her possessions.
I have the most beautiful memories of the time I spent with her.
Nothing can take the place of time and memories.  

I hope you are enjoying the last few days of October.






2 comments:

  1. What a nice memory of your aunt. So good your postman found your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you found your postman. So sorry that you didn't get your grandma's.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.