Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Love of Reading

I love to Read!  How about you?  My Grandmother instilled in me the love of books.  When I was a little girl, I was alone most of the time.  She encouraged me to ride my bike to the public library and find books that I like.  So during the hot summer days I would ride my bike to the little library in my hometown.  I would choose a few books then I would ride my bike back home to Grandma's.  Many many hours I would spend laying on a quilt under the big shade tree reading.  I can't remember all the books I read, but I can remember some of them.  A few cherished books my Grandma gave me I still have.  Aesop's Fables, and my most favorite Little Women.  Cinderella and Alice In Wonderland.


When my children were little one of my favorite times of the day
was when we would read together.
And I loved hearing them read as the process began
for them to have their own discovery of reading books.


A very precious memory I have is of my children's Daddy reading
them stories.  All snuggled together and Daddy reading.


I have always had a book I am reading.  But right now
I haven't been reading, other than my scriptures (which I read every day)
I just need a good novel. . . .  although I am careful with what I read. 
So how about you. . are you reading a good book right now?
I guess I just need to make a trip to the library and see what catches my fancy.
Or I may read one of the books  Susan or Brenda have  recommended.


Happy Reading!



2 comments:

  1. I love to read and probably read about 2 to 3 books a month. Any type of book as long as it is interesting.

    Hope everything is fine with you - happy reading.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful quotes. I have always adored reading. My daughters middle name is Beth after the character in Little Women. Love your two sweet furbabies.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.