Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Things That Make My Home

Just a little peek at my new little home. . 
So much to do, so little time.
Working full-time doesn't allow the time I want
To get things done NOW!
Especially this time of year, when school is starting
(I work in education)
So here is a peek. . 
Lighting isn't the best. . . Something I am not good at.
 My curio with all my beautiful delicate treasures
Things that have been passed from generation to generation.
 One of the good things about a move is decorating. . 
And bringing out the things that are "mine", 
The things that have always been with me
And the things that makes my home, MINE.
 The perfect place for my "willows"
The shelf that my great-Uncle made for my
Great Grandma and Grandpa. . .
Oh, how I love this shelf.
 The little table I bought at an estate sale of someone I knew.
 The perfect place for a vignette with pictures of 
Me and My Dad and Step-Mother.
And Me and My Aunt Carol.
 The little figurines I have had since I was first married.
These are a few of the things that aren't really things to me
They are treasures and bring memories.
Now me and my things have a new beginning
A new place to decorate and make beautiful.
My way!
Come back again. . . I have a story of an interesting
Adventure and what I found.

7 comments:

  1. I see you finally have your internet. You're making your new house your home. So happy for you! More pictures please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift for making your world beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the teacup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie,
    I love all your treasures! and your shelve that Great Uncle made is so perfect for your willows. I have one willow "Courage" she was given to me as a gift when my dear sister passed.
    How wonderful for you to have a new home to decorate and make new memories in. I am so happy for you. Please show us more of your beautiful home..
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how you set stff up! You ahev so many wonderful treasures! :) I adore, most of all, teh silver bottles in the last picture! Wow girl, I hope you'll have more time to do what you want! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Karie! Oh, I've loved seeing some of your pretties! Moving can be a chore but it does give you the chance to sort through stuff! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karie! I am so thrilled that you would take the time to come by and introduce yourself and visit my blog. Bless Maryjane's heart, that she would feature me in her beautiful blog. Don't you love her? She and I have so much in common, and I see that you are LDS as well.
    Thank you so much for your sweet note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shelf! I agree, I also wanted to design my own home
    and in my own taste. You could do anything you want.

    Organization Accessories

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.