Tuesday, August 21, 2018

First Day

Hello my friends.
Today I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
It is the first day of school for most of us here in Utah.
We started today. . .I can't even begin to count the
number of "first day of school" I have gone through.
Too many to count.  
This is the "first day" of my last year in high school.
With my younger siblings.
Yes, I am the person who cried.  
My own first day and my children's first day.
I am still having first days of school.
And No, I don't cry, but oh the anxiety is high!
Just how I am wired.
Today my son posted this picture of me and him.
He is an administrator in the school district in which I work.
His caption was how many first days I have had with school
children, and I am still having first days with them.
I have to say when I saw him coming down the
hallway my heart fluttered
I was happy to see him!
Just checking on his Momma.

I have shed teas each new year with my own children.  
They were fine going to school but Mom shed tears.
My heart broke in two when I sent my first born to school
and then when I sent him to college, it about killed me.  
Oh, but sending him to a foreign country for
a mission for 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 
Just about did me in.

But one thing I have found in all the tears of the first day
Is am thankful for first days. . . I am thankful for DAYs 
with my loved ones.
And they always, come home to Momma!

I hope your first days are wonderful. . .









No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.