Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March ~ Luck of The Irish

Well, hello my friends.  I am happy you stopped by.  I have made some changes in the living room.  It is now March and I just have to decorate for St. Patrick's Day.  It is a tradition and a must.  First of all I descend from Irish ancestors.  And second, and most important, my daughter was born on St. Patrick's Day.  So it has always been tradition for the Green of the Irish comes out for March.  Even when we have Easter in March.  I will make a  quick change of a few things for Easter. . . .(I don't like having Easter in March.)

You will notice that I made some changes in the wall grouping.
Added a few things and re-arranged a few things.  Did you also
notice the blank in the center above the shelf?
Humm! Not sure what I am going to put there.
I am leaning towards a wreath.
We will see what I come up with.

I love my shelf for holiday decorating.
I don't have a mantle, so I pretend this is one.
I like to change the vignettes on it.

Did I tell you I am so ready for spring.
We are having beautiful weather right now.
But, it will change.  I live in Utah and in weather can change
within minute.  Right now I am enjoying the beautiful blue sky
and the bright sunshine.  The temperature is a delightful 67 degrees.
I can live with that.

Well I hope no matter where you are, you are enjoying your season.  I certainly love the changes of seasons.  By the time March comes along, I know that spring is just around the corner.  The fields are turning green, and a few of the little spring flowers are pushing their way up through the soil.  What a delight to watch mother nature make her change.  


I am going to share at



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter and Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Your house looks quite festive. Does she get green cake?

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie,
    Love that wall in your Living Room. And your sweet SPD's decor is just darling......
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie, how fun that your daughter was born on St. Patty's. I have a niece that celebrates her birthday that day as well. Love your festive décor. Your shelf works great for a mantle. Loving this weather as well! Spring is my favorite season. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.