Monday, February 2, 2015

Cup Cake Pillow Cases!

Well, Hello! Hello!
My goodness where did January go?
It is FEBRUARY!
And I love February. . .
I know I have been away from my blog for several weeks.
Life some times gets in the way.
And to tell you the truth, I haven't felt well,
Therefore I had nothing of interest to show you.
Today I am going to share with you my 
Cup Cake Pillowcases!
Well I think everyone should have Cup Cakes Pillowcases.
It makes me happy!
(Not good lighting in my bedroom, so pictures are not the best)
I like to make my own pillowcases. By making my own
I get the variety of cute printed pillowcases on my pillows.
I found an easy way to make the "cuff" of the pillowcase
Without the seams showing!
I am sure many of you sewers know how to do this.
It is call the "burrito" way of making a pillowcase.
Someone told me about it, and tried to explain it,
But I just couldn't figure it out.
So. . .of course I Google-d it, and a blog came up.
She had easy instructions to follow and. . . WaLa! 
I have these adorable  "seam not showing" pillowcases.
At Christmas time I made 12 of them to give to my
Grand Children,  They loved them,  
Even the 20-somethings, loved them.
I have been sewing away on pillowcases.  
Now I am making Valentine ones.
I hope I can get on my regular blogging schedule.
Oh, wait. . I don't have a regular schedule.
I just blog when I have something to show you.
Well, I hope I won't be away for a long period of time like 
I have this last month. . . .Like I said.
Life just gets in the way of "things".
I hope all is well. . the winter months can be brutal.
Here in Utah, it has been dry. . hardly any snow in the valleys.
That isn't good for us.  We need snow storms.
So please say a little prayer that the good Lord
Will send moisture to the western part of the country.
Hope to see you soon.

Here is the blog I went to for directions to make the
"Burrito" style pillowcase.

3 comments:

  1. These are the cutest pillowcases ever! You are so skilled with that sewing machine--well, and a bazillion other things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty pillowcases. I have so much material I should make some.
    Sorry that you have been under the weather, Hope that you are feeling better. I have been busy trying to declutter and get rid of things, as I just have to much stuff!
    I haven't posted for almost 2 months as I haven't had anything to say either.
    Take care of yourself and feel better.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok seriously, what's cuter than cupcake pillowcases, well nothin! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.