Wednesday, January 1, 2014

JANUARY 2014

Wow! 2014
Where oh, where did you come from
January 2014?
I can not believe how fast time is going.
Why it was just yesterday it was 2000
We are 14 years into the Millennium. . 
Is that possible?
I don't know about you, but I am always
Just a little frightened of the New Year.
Oh, it is just me.. . .that dare pessimist comes out,
Instead of looking forward to the new year with all
The prospects of a happy life and new horizons.
I become fearful of what challenges the new year may hold.
I am the person who cries when I take the
Christmas tree down, and box the decorations away.
You see, I have had many years when the new year was very
Frightening, and I have had so many changes, some good and some
I wish I had never gone through. . .But. . I am a woman of Faith
And I know that no matter where the road may lead
The Lord is by my side and will take me there and help me adjust.
So. . .My goal for this year of 2014 is to be more optimistic. . 
I want to be happy!
I want to look at each new day as a new adventure in life.
Even if I do the same things . . .it is still a new day.
I want shed the weight of worry, and fear. . 
Worry and Fear are the opposites of 
FAITH.
Two simple goals. . (keeping it simple)
Be Happy
Have Faith
We will see how that works out for me. . (wink, wink)

I am looking forward to a new year for my little blog.
I started this blog just for fun. . I wanted to meet new people
It has been a joy. . .
Though I don't put as much time into my blog as I should.
When I started over 4 years ago, I wasn't working.
Now I work full time, and have had many changes in my life.
So my little Karie's Chic Creations. . gets neglected quite often.
The blog has gone through a few changes. . first I wanted to do
Crafts and DIY. . that was a lot of work and creative energy.
Then I focused on my home and my decorating style. . 
That has been good, but my decorating is nothing out of the ordinary.
I am just a simple ordinary person, who loves to decorate on a budget.
I like to change things, and rearrange things, I like to make old things look new.
I actually think I am more of a . . . oh, more of a woman who likes to create.
So, if you follow me,  please continue, and if you are new, please come back.
I will keep moving forward, one day at a time. 
Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. This is just so sweet Karie. I hate to take the tree down too; but now that I have a front window, I take it down before February :) I love looking at the ornaments.

    I pray that you can break the worry trap. I emphasize; I've gone through times when it took hold.

    I love the truck and sign. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with getting emotional when I take down my Christmas tree as well. I just can't seem to help it. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karie, you are NOT just ordinary! You have a wonderful decorating style. Love your little truck and snowman! Yes, being optimistic is a good thing! I love approaching a new year and thinking of the possibilities it might bring. Who knows? Maybe I'll get an announcement of a new grand. Just hopin! lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your refreshing article. It was a pleasure reading it. Look forward to more articles from you!
    jeux bmx

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.