Friday, February 12, 2021

What Will BeThe Next Step For My Blog?

 Hello Friends, if you are still with me!

  It has been almost 3 months since I posted on my blog.

I really don't know what I am doing with my blog.

I don't know what my niche is... I really don't know what direction I want to go in with blogging.  I am just a simple little blogger.

Nothing fancy, no major DIY projects. I have decided all that changing of my decorating is really a lot of unnecessary work.  I like my style, I like what I have on my walls and my tabletops.  I don't want to keep changing out.  I still enjoy decorating for holidays, but.....I don't decorate that much anymore.  I have actually given most of my holiday decorations away.  I like what I have already collected, I don't need more. Even some of my collectables have been given away.

I still like to sew, crochet, needle work, and genealogy.  So I am busy all the time. I liked blogging for many reasons.  But some of those reasons have changed.  I really enjoyed the friendships I have made.  Blogging has really changed over the many years.  I started blogging 12 years ago.  I have learned a lot in those 12 years.  I have enjoyed visiting my favorite blogs. 

I have never made a dime of money with my blogging.  I have never been what I call a "mega blogger." I never had hundreds of followers.  I just did it for the pleasure of showing my humble home and creations. 

So having said all that.... I still don't know what the next step will be.

Stick around if you would like.  Stay in touch if you care to. I will most likely just post here and there with random thoughts.  A few pictures if they are worth viewing.  You can be sure I still like to visit some of my favorite blogs.....I just can't shut down my blog.  Not yet anyway. 

Here are a few pictures of what has gone on in the last few months.

My children all went to Moab, Utah.  They had a blast.  Rafting the mighty Colorado River.  hiking to the beautiful Arches.  Enjoying the beautiful red canyons and hiking the red sandstones.  I was home recovering from a wicked fall.  Not fun for me, but they sure enjoyed their summer adventure.


This cute grandson graduated from high school.  In the midst of a pandemic, school closures, and wearing masks and social distance, life went on.  Senior high school students still graduated.  2020 strong for sure!

My granddaughter Emma got married to Ryan.  A December Bride
Look at the love in their eyes.  Oh my heart! 

2021.  I turned a year older.  I am thankful for that. 

Birthday dinner with my cuties

 A few weeks ago I lost my Step Mother.  She was 88 years old.  She married my Dad when I was 10 years old. It really is a blessing....but grief is still there.

To sum it all up..... Life Goes On.  ....No matter what.... life keeps moving.







2 comments:

  1. You have such a fabulous family and that is such a blessing. Nice seeing pictures of them. Post when you want to, that is what makes a blog fun. We will still be here.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie,
    So glad to see that you posted even though I am a bit late in bit late in noticing it...Sorry to hear about your Step mother's passing...
    Glad to hear that you are going to continue blogging....I am with you and that I have no intention of changing my style for the newest trend that comes down the pike...I have my collections and over some time, I know I will be looking to pass them on. And one of my Goals for this year is to not spend money and buy anything new that I truly do not need or can not live without.So I will be shopping my own house and hopefully, doing a lot of crafts from things that I have kept in my stash....I am still waiting to see if you will share ore of your new apartment????
    Hope that you are feeling better...How is your leg?
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.